nah, nah, nah, nah, hey, ey, good bye...



last night WAS my LAST night at work. done, finito, basta! it went something like this....

I told the crew that the main word for the night would be FUN and NO DRAMA! and boy did we have fun.

an announcement at run club by my manager telling everyone that I was leaving. totally unexpected, but much appreciated. mostly because afterwards a lot of people came by to say "hey" and "take care" and that was wonderful. I reminded them all that I will still see them, but that it will be on the other side of the counter. to which they replied that it was easier to harass me from the other side of the counter. sweet!

love the people who come to run club. they are my biggest reason for staying as long as I did. I know people who started in their first clinic learning to run and now I see them training for a marathon. unreal!

ladies who started walking with the club for safety and now have made so many friends and have gone on to instruct clinics and travel to do marathons with their group of gals. people who come and show me their medals, brag about their times and how amazing an experience it was and thank you for the tips and so on. fun.

I have worked with many amazing people who have come and gone and come back and left again. I am fortunate to call some of these people friends and quite often run with them. blessed.

and last night as the clock was ticking down I had a moment....just a little one. about how things happen and why they do and when your gut tells you it is time and you finally listen...

and then I looked at these faces and thought hmmmm....



should I stay?

can't! I am now employed as her personal running coach. look for us at the NYC marathon 2009!

who am I kidding? back to doing laundry...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness - Johnson's face is seriously priceless in this shot.....

You will be missed!